I was very interested in learning more about the actual deployment of Lab in Box. If successful, the concept has tremendous potential, not just for blind institutions, but for govt schools and for all children in remote areas. i requested HP for more information and Ritu Ghosh from HP was kind enough to do this guest post for us.
Tatkal Kaksha at the “Government Sarvodaya Co-Ed. Sr. Secondary School”, G.P. Block Pitam Pura, Delhi.
The ICT enabled, rapidly deployable Tatkal Kasha solution, powered with HP Multi-seat technology was deployed at one of the schools in Shri Kapil Sibal’s constituency, under the direction from the Directorate of Education (DOE).
Tatkal Kaksha lab is being used by the school to train teachers in the ICT awareness program and activity based sessions for students with an especially designed user-friendly IT program.
The school is seeing the benefits especially from the interest developed within their students towards the technology driven creative programs used to impart ICT skills.
In the words of Mrs. Jaswinder Kaur, the Principal of the Govt. Sarvodaya Vidyalaya School –
“We would like to assure that this lab will be utilized effectively to its fullest potential and I will personally design and evaluate future plans to extend maximum benefit to the school’s learning and teaching fraternity”
The school authorities incorporated the training schedule of the Tatkal Kaksha with the school time table.
A core group 24 teachers volunteered and were selected by the school authorities to be trained as Master Trainers.
- Computerized Attendance system of the students and teachers would help keep track of the attendance.
- Number of visits was made by the community’s eminent personalities to see the Lab.
Feedback from Students and Staff at School:
- We (the teachers) have understood the importance of IT Tools in education.
- It was their first exposure to computers as a teaching aid in the teaching-learning process
- Teachers learned to design lesson plans for their students as per their specific classroom needs
- We used Internet for the first time.
- The students are very much interested to learn skills using a new concept of learning which they had never used before